Friday, September 26, 2008

Good News!

Exciting news today...for me anyway!

There is a fabulous MFA blog also located on blogger.com. It's called The MFA Handbook, very popular blog source for MFA prospects and students. It's managed be the wonderful Tom Kealey, MFA instructor in fiction from Stanford University.

To make a short story even shorter, I've been asked to become a regular contributor to this nationally recognized blog. That having been said, you can check out my thoughts on both this blog and the MFA Handbook. I promise this blog will be updated regularly, and with fresh material, differnent from the other. (So both are worth checking out!)

I like to look at it as....the MFA Handbook blog is a global perspective, informative from a pragmatic perspective--while this blog serves as a more personal, experiential account of my journey.

That, and I may tend to include more trivial entertaining posts in this blog.

Anyway, please check the other one out also (link below, and soon to be added to both this page, as well as my facebook and myspace accounts), but not to read my crappy muses! Oh no! I'm just a CSPAN channel stick on mute, or just as unimportant. (I kid of course) But, there are numerous valuable articles and discussions on the MFA Handbook, many of which I used when applying to programs...where it felt like there was no one to turn to, and no one around me seemed to have any answers, it did!

The link is...

http://creative-writing-mfa-handbook.blogspot.com/

Fabulous.

Ah yes, and Oregon State did upset USC this evening, in what I am calling the greatest underdog victory in the history of college sports. I'm not exaggerating. Many of the news casters are saying the same thing, and given the state of media these days....it must, I mean MUST be true! (part of that statement is true, part is sarcasm. Guess which is which.)

Cheers,

John

1 comment:

Travis said...

Nice!

*Potential first note from Academia, OR: gosh they drink a lot here, too!*